Monday 8 February 2010

How important is a title?

So here I am, one fine day, realizing that I do not have a interesting hobby to spend my idle time. I spent hours thinking what could be a suitable hobby, definitely not blogging, after all who would spend time in scribbling eco-friendly papers, which, less than 10 people, even out of my own friend list would read. No that wasnt a good idea. Then I thought why not do some dancing or singing, I looked back, I was pretty old not to learn them but to nurture them in me. aaahh!!!! I couldn't imagine me singing.

How about Numismatics or Philately, I must be joking, stand in front of any IT company, ask every 3rd person for some foreign coins or stamps, if not immediately, within a month or so, he could provide, I am looking for a hobby for myself or for him??? Ok, how about social services: definite eye opener. But you have to be selfless, active, not-lazy. I was 0/3.
How good will it be, if I could think of what was in my mind at the age of 8,11,14,17,21,25,29,33( Hell, those who are qualitative James Bonds trying to fill the rest of the series). That would be funny, it would really funny be. But I dont have such a good memory. I do not even remember my favorite shirt during my higher secondary !!!
Well that's not a problem, I can always record them, if not with tattoos like GuyPearce/Surya/Aamir. "You idiot, Blogging is one way of doing that!!!", someone shouted. Fantastic, why not!!!! I will blog today, a few days, a few months, a few years later, I would read them, comment on them, I would correct my views and opinions. That sounds weird but nonetheless interesting, isnt it?

After all these days, if you were to think of the crush you had on your science teacher, it is disputable only by you. So why should not I read my own blog,why should not I dispute my thoughts after some time. Wow that is going to be real fun!! So after a few days I decided, blogging is going to be my non-violent, non-sadistic hobby, atleast for the time being.
So today, this very day I decide to blog, I keep my ideas to be blogged ready. I open a blogger, create an account, and plan to publish my views, thoughts. Yes "The Day" has come, my blog is going to be visible by all!!! I was excited. It was strangely asking me a blog-title, wow!! I forgot to keep a title for my first blog, "Thank you Blogger, for reminding me of a title to my blog", after all what could be so feminine, 'I mean so expressive', than a title.
Immediately I had it in my mind, the title, "Its my thoughts for you". After all I could not find a better title. This one captured what exactly I was trying with my blogger. It also gave me a strange feeling about titles. Aren't they a complication in literature. Yes they are! at least to me. It has to be expressive, to the point, give my readers some hope until they complete
reading my post. I finally had a satisfaction for having kept a clear, true title.

So I copied my contents and typed the title and said go, I could not wait any longer :( to see my post published. Then next immediate question in my mind - "Where shall I start from?". Another million dollar question.pfff...

I decided to post on my first job, not an interesting idea. How about my passions, not an ideal kick starter :(. Why not my dreams, I always have my time for that, after all dreams keep changing unlike passions. How about writing a short story, I have to first shape the Chetan Bhagats, Narayanans inside me before I go ahead with that idea. Oh my alma mater please get me out of this..!!

Why not tell what went through my mind, when I thought first about blogging. That sounds interesting. Probably not a recurring topic which i could blog. If i miss it now, I would miss it for ever. I decided to post all that, which went through my mind when I sat back to blog for the first time. So here it is, my kick starter. I started off blogging, and I named my first post "How important is a title?". Now how good is that for a title?


9 comments:

  1. Hey thats a good start.In fact u have written quite a lengthy post. Good luck. Will drop frequently to check the updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Appuchi, keep it going. Good initiative, and I must say that you pen it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy, It is not that only some friend of yours will read your blog. Even some random visitors can do and may become a good friend for your thoughts.

    Anyways, Nice post. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raja, A nice one ... never knew you had this much talents hidden inside you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha...super da....to start is easy, but to continue is difficult. Lets see how far it goes; but I know you have the stuff, dont you??? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to world machi.... I should say your start is a rousing one. Do not think about how many friends in your list might read. Write off what ever you think.... Importance of the TITLE... Hmmm sounds pretty good.... Continue this and you will give as well as get good refreshment!!! All d best....

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey swthrt...ur starter was realy fine..t was good.lik absolutely nt bad...kalaku...

    ReplyDelete